QUESTIONS ABOUT GOD, and CREATION :
QUESTIONS ABOUT JESUS:
QUESTIONS ABOUT SCRIPTURE:
- I am allowing the father of my children to move back in with us as he is ill and is homeless. My church found out and because of this, I am not allowed to partake in Communion. There is no sexual relationship between us and he has his own separate room. I was just trying to help. Is it right that my church is taking the stance? They are quoting scripture in Ephesians chapter 5 as their reasoning.
- I was told that what I was witnessing at a revival meeting was ' laughter of the spirit'. What is this? Is this truly from the Holy Spirit? If I don't believe it is from the Holy Spirit, am I blaspheming? I am confused and have been worried about this for a long time.
- Matthew 18:19 talks about if 2 of you agree in prayer then He will do it for you, however, we both know from experience that He doesn't always do it. In fact, my experience has been that when I agree in prayer with someone, say that they do not die from cancer and they die anyway's, then He has not honored His Word.
-I have been reading that the spirit goes straight to heaven when someone dies. If this is true, when do we get judged as to who will go to heaven or be thrown in hell? I thought we "sleep" when we die and wait until the second coming.
QUESTIONS ABOUT SALVATION, SIN and FORGIVENESS:
- With regard to God’s promise to forgive our sins if we turn to Him, If a person has committed a serious crime or sin against another and eventually does turn to God, but refuses to show remorse for the act toward the one they have committed the sin against, resulting in continuing pain to the victim(s), will God forgive that person?
- We hear from various churches and denominations of those churches that a Christian has to do certain things, act in a certain way that shows their conduct is line with biblical teachings. But how do we deal with this struggle? How do we know what is ‘right’? How ‘good’ does one have to be in order to be in God’s grace and maintain their salvation?
QUESTIONS ABOUT RELIGION:
- When God created man, He knew they would sin because of free will. Why then did He, the God of peace and love, kill almost everyone in the Great Flood? If He knew they would sin, it seems to me that He 'threw a fit' and killed everyone (minus Noah, etc.). That seems far from perfection to me. Am I missing a key teaching about this that explains His actions outside of the free will concept?
- If God teaches us to love and accept one another, and to not judge thy neighbor, then why is it that we still have hate and are ashamed of our children, friends, and family when they make mistakes or do something that another does not like? How can we overcome this and learn to love everyone and carry on God's original intent of his teachings?